What is Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
Laser rejuvenation can effectively treat certain scars, skin discoloration, and broken blood vessels. It also effectively treats lines and blemishes on the neck and can modestly tighten sagging skin. Laser resurfacing is used to treat wrinkles, deeper scars and early changes leading to cancerous skin growth.
What kinds of improvement can I expect with a peel treatment?
Improvements will vary from patient to patient. In general, you will notice:
- Smoother skin texture and tone
- Diminished fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction in brown (age) spots and pigmentation
- Control of excess oil
- Restored vitality
- Reduction in blemishes and acne
How soon will I notice results?
You will feel an improvement in the softness of your skin in as little as 1 week. The at-home regimen provides daily exfoliation and maximizes the benefits of your peels. Keep in mind that it will take several months of treatment before you see the optimal skin rejuvenation benefits.
Let Dr. Maya know:
- If you have experienced any of the following: active herpes simplex (cold sores), psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, a bad sunburn, keloidal scarring, or recently used Ro-Accutane, Isotroin, Isosupra, Curacné.
- If you sun bathe, use Solarium, smoke, are pregnant or nursing, or if you are a vegetarian.